Mentors4u offers young talents a unique opportunity for personal and professional growth by providing the following services:
- Access to the private area
The Mentor represents a strategic guide for the Mentees in setting his professional career. In particular, he/she will share his/her experience with him/her, help him/her to identify the type of career that best fits with his/her passions and ambitions, suggest the skills to develop in order to aspire to the identified professions and how to develop them completely and efficiently.
The interaction between the Mentor and the Mentee will tend to be quarterly and will take place mainly via call, video call or in person.
- Annual conference: flagship event of Mentors4u, in which leaders of Italian and international companies turn to the Mentees with advice and teachings;
- Workshops: events dedicated to topic of interest to members of the Community (eg: Women Leadership and Entrepreneurship).
- Networking events: informal opportunities for interaction between Mentors and the Mentees of the community
- Mentors4u Blog: here you can find interviews with industry experts, guides, advice and contributions from our Mentors and Mentees;
- M4U Magazine: quarterly magazine with original content produced by Mentor and Mentee and updates on events and other developments of the initiative;
- Training videos: YouTube videos created in collaboration with partner companies on topics of mentorship, orientation, career, professions;
- Knowledge Center: containing study material uploaded by Mentor and Mentee.
ACCESS TO THE PRIVATE SITE AREA THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO:
- Get in touch with a network of talented students and professionals;
- Share ideas, opinions, suggestions on the Wall of the Community;
- View job positions posted by Mentors and Partners of the initiative.
- GET VISIBILITY WITH PARTNER COMPANIES
WHO CAN APPLY TO BECOME MENTEE?
Our Mentor base, thanks to their professional skills and experience, is of particular help to students who want to pursue careers in the following areas:
- Corporate companies
- Consulting company
- Investment Banking
- Investment Funds (Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Family Offices)
- Entrepreneurship / Start-Up
- No profit / International development cooperation
- Academy of economics and finance
To become a Mentee it is necessary to fill in the online form by entering:
- the registry information;
- the academic and professional path undertaken so far;
- a motivation letter (maximum 500 words) explaining your personal, professional ambitions and how Mentors4u can help you grow;
- An updated CV, using the facsimile contained within the online form and which reflects international professional best practices
We address students from all Italian universities and we aim to guarantee the fairest possible representation of the different universities and regions.
In line with our mission, the selection criteria are:
- academic and extra-curricular experiences
- motivation / need for mentoring
Once selected by an Admissions Committee, the candidates undertake to examine and sign the Mentoring Pact which defines the commitments and responsibilities towards the initiative.
Non selected students will have the opportunity to re-submit their application the following year and to access our Knowledge Center, where they will find articles and useful presentations on issues related to entering the world of work and optimizing the their career path.
The deadline for submitting applications is, however, set for June 13, 2019.
The results of the selections will be communicated to all candidates on 16 September 2019.
DURATION OF THE INITIATIVE
This means that, while continuing to have access to the Mentors4u platform and to make use of the content made available, they will no longer be formally assigned to a Mentors4u Community professional.