Who can apply to become a Mentor?
Professionals holding at least a Bachelor’s Degree and with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in the business, management or finance spaces can apply to become a Mentor.
We particularly appreciate and encourage applications from Mentors in the following fields:
- Business Management
- Entrepreneurship/start ups
- Investment Funds (Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Family Offices)
- Investment Banking
- Non profit
- Pubblic sector
- Academia (related to the business-management-finance space)
What does it mean to be a Mentor?
Every Mentor is allocated 1 to 5 Mentees by the administrators of the program. The allocation is based on the professional characteristics of the Mentor and the preferences expressed by the Mentor and the Mentees, with the ultimate goal to help Mentees as much as possible and to foster the creation of a fruitful personal relationship between Mentors and Mentees.
Mentors commit to support the development of their Mentees by allocating a minimum of 30-40 minutes every six months for one semestral call. Mentors will provide their Mentees with precious advice and solutions to help their personal, academic and professional development.
Examples of indications and suggestions provided by the Mentors to their Mentees can include:
- Description of the professional alternatives available at the end of their academic journey
- Analysis of the skills necessary to excel in the different jobs they are considering
- Practical advice on how to develop these competences
- Analysis of the level of competitiveness of each different industry and job (both domestically and internationally), and the characteristics of the respective recruitment processes
- Description of what are the best options to specialize in a target professional area post university
- Reflection on what are the Mentees’ passions and inclinations and how they could best incorporate those in their professional decisions
To become a mentor you will be asked to complete a form that, in addition to some personal information and your CV, will also ask you to explain in no more than 400 words your motivation to become a member of the Mentors4U community.
Mentors are selected by the Administrators of the program on the basis of their CV, personal inclination towards mentoring, sensitivity and alignment to the mission and ideals of the program.
The application process to become Mentor is open all year.
Mentors4U undertakes to respond to candidates within 45 days of their application.
If selected, the Mentor will immediately become part of our network and will be attributed new Mentees starting from the following round of the program.
The application process to become a Mentor is open all year.