Who can apply to become a Mentor?
Professionals holding an excellent academic background (at least a Bachelor’s Degree) and with at least 5 years of work experience in the economic, managerial and financial fields can apply to become a Mentor.
We particularly appreciate and encourage applications from Mentors in the following fields:
- Business Management
- Entrepreneurship/start ups
- Investment Funds (Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Family Offices)
- Investment Banking
- Non profit
- Pubblic sector
- Academia (related to the business-management-finance space)
What does it mean to be a Mentor?
Each mentor is assigned from 1 to 5 mentees by the program administrators based on the availability communicated at the time of enrollment. The assignment is based on the characteristics of the Mentor and, as far as possible, on the preferences expressed in the application by Mentees and Mentors and is aimed at maximizing the educational value of the personal relationship established between the two subjects.
Mentors undertake to accept the Mentoring pact and to support their Mentees by providing a minimum time equal to a call of 30-40 minutes per quarter. They provide support to the Mentees through advice aimed at stimulating their growth and professional development.
The service offered by our Mentors is absolutely free and takes place on a voluntary basis according to the spirit of "give back".
Examples of guidance provided by Mentors may include:
- Description of the professional alternatives available at the end of the university course undertaken
- Description of the skills needed to excel in the different working environments
- Advice on how to develop these skills
- Analysis of the level of competition to access the different work situations and the related recruitment processes
- Description of postgraduate specialization options
- Reflection on the priorities and inclinations of the Mentee and their impact on work choices
The application process to become a Mentor is open all year.
Mentors4u undertakes to answer the candidates within a maximum of 45 days from their application.
If selected, the Mentor will immediately become part of our network and will be given Mentees starting from the next useful academic year or, if necessary, during the current mentoring year.